Last Updated: January 1, 2015
Keeping it simple:
1. Post your own videos.
2. Keep it clean!
3. Be respectful.
4. Don’t SPAM.
5. HAVE FUN!
Getting into the details:
What to do:
1. Do share videos that you’ve taken. CrowdFlik is a great way to share your life through videos, but we have to ask that you don’t share videos of someone else’s life. Since users own the rights to all videos they have uploaded using our service, we ask that you respect their copyright ownership. If you want to express your excitement over a beautiful photo or video, it’s best to double tap on the post to like it!
2. Do share videos that are safe for people of all ages. Remember that our community is a diverse one, and that your posts are visible to people as young as 13 years old. While we respect the artistic integrity of videos, we have to keep our product and the content within it in line with our App Store’s rating for nudity and mature content. In other words, please do not post nudity or mature content of any kind.
3. Do treat others as you would like to be treated. People from around the world with different backgrounds come together to share moments on CrowdFlik, which is great, but it also means that not everyone will agree with what you think or believe. We ask that all users be polite and respectful in their interactions with other members.
4. Do have meaningful & genuine interactions. Self-promotion or commercial solicitation of any kind, in any form, is rarely well-received. Users often notice when you have posted the same comment elsewhere or have followed a large number of users to gain followers in return, so please be sincere with your exchanges on CrowdFlik.
5. Do have fun! CrowdFlik is the best way to quickly share beautiful videos of your life with others, and see the world through others’ eyes.
What not to do:
It is important to note that overstepping the boundaries outlined below may result in a disabled account, or discontinued access to CrowdFlik, without warning.
1. Don’t share videos that aren’t yours. This includes other people’s posts, and/or things that you have copied or collected from the Internet. Accounts that solely consist of only this type of content may be disabled at any time.
2. Don’t share videos that show nudity or mature content. If you wouldn’t show the photo or video you are thinking about uploading to a child, or your boss, or your parents, you probably shouldn’t share it on CrowdFlik. The same rule applies to your profile photo. Accounts found sharing nudity or mature content will be disabled and your access to CrowdFlik may be discontinued.
3. Don’t share videos of illegal content. If we find you sharing prohibited or illegal content, including photographs or videos of extreme violence or gore, your account may be disabled and we will take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities.
4. Don’t spam. CrowdFlik is a place where people can share beautiful moments from their lives, and when you engage in self-promotional behavior of any kind on CrowdFlik it makes users who have shared that moment with you feel sad inside. This guideline includes repetitive comments, as well as service manipulation in order to self-promote, and extends to commercial spam comments, such as discount codes or URLs to websites. We ask that you keep your interactions on CrowdFlik meaningful and genuine.
5. Don’t be rude. CrowdFlik is a friendly place where everyone should feel safe and comfortable sharing their lives through videos. It is not an appropriate place to abuse, attack, harass, or impersonate others. If we receive valid complaints about your conduct, we’ll send a warning or disable your account. Alternatively, we’d recommend users block and/or report all meanies & trolls to prevent further issues.
6. Don’t promote or glorify self-harm. While CrowdFlik is a place where people can share their lives with others through videos, any account found encouraging or urging users to embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or to cut, harm themselves, or commit suicide will result in a disabled account without warning. We believe that communication regarding these behaviors in order to create awareness, come together for support and to facilitate recovery is important, but that CrowdFlik is not the place for active promotion or glorification of self-harm.
Additional things to remember
▪ CrowdFlik is a diverse community, and it is likely that you will come across things that offend you. If you are offended by a video that may not violate any of the above guidelines, we’d suggest you navigate away from the account, or even use our blocking feature. If you are unsure about the content, you can report it utilizing our built-in reporting functionality in order to bring it to the CrowdFlik Team’s attention.
▪ If you find that one of your FLIKs has been uploaded to another user’s profile, try not to panic. It is likely a misunderstanding and not ill-intended. A good first step is to comment on the post & politely ask that they take the content down. If that doesn’t work, please file a DMCA report so that we may investigate.
▪ You might find yourself wanting to post a screenshot of the offending account to your account in order to draw attention to the situation or user, but that’s often not the best way to go about resolving the issue. We do not encourage singling out the user, as it may be classified as harassment, which violates our guidelines.
▪ If you think that there is immediate cause for concern, you can send a report to the CrowdFlik Team. Please provide all necessary information for us to quickly respond to an issue that urgently needs our attention, this includes image or video descriptions & dates, URLs, and valid usernames.
If you believe you will have trouble following these guidelines we’d suggest finding an alternative photo sharing service, as CrowdFlik may not be the best place for you. We value these guidelines, and believe that they will help keep CrowdFlik a safe & fun place for everyone.
The CrowdFlik team